Mumford and Sons' 'Babel' Keeps No. 1 Spot in Billboard 200
Mumford & Sons' "Babel" leads an overall slow album sales week to maintain its no. 1 spot in the Billboard 200 for a fifth non-consecutive time. Plunging down 66% with only 63,000 copies sold from its staggering 186,000 unit sales last week, it posts the lowest sales week for a no. 1 album since Zac Brown Band's "Uncaged" album sold a mere 48,000 back in 2012.
There were no new entries in the top ten this week, with the highest debut only managing to get to no. 20 as Buckcherry's "Confessions" sells 18,000 records on its first week run. Besides Alabama Shakes and Rihanna who jump back in to the top ten this week, all the other artists/albums seem to have only changed places/rankings from last week.
Alabama Shakes' "Boys & Girls" moves up from no. 20 to no. 6 with 33,000, probably boosted by the rock band's recent performance on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". Rihanna's "Unapologetic" climbs back from no. 15 to no. 9 with 29,000, re-entering the top ten since it last appeared there back in January.
Despite all posting declines in their sales percentages, four acts improve their rankings this week, led by Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox", moving up one spot from no. 3 to no. 2 with 48,000, followed by Josh Groban's "All That Echoes", up two places from no. 5 to no. 3 with 41,000. The "Now 45" album climbs four places up from no. 8 to no. 4 with 38,000, trailed by The Lumineers' self-titled album, which is bumped to no. 5 from no. 6 with 35,000.
On the bottom part of the top ten, there is "2013 Grammy Nominees" album, diving from no. 2 to no. 7 with 30,000, narrowly edging out the almost identical 30,000 sales of Fun.'s "Some Nights" which is down one spot from no. 7 to no. 8. Rounding up the top ten is Taylor Swift's "Red", falling six places from no. 4 to no. 10 with 28,000.
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (63,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (48,000)
- Josh Groban - "All That Echoes" (41,000)
- various artists - "Now 45" (38,000)
- The Lumineers - "The Lumineers" (35,000)
- Alabama Shakes - "Boys & Girls" (33,000)
- various artists - "2013 Grammy Nominees" (30,000)
- Fun. - "Some Nights" (30,000)
- Rihanna - "Unapologetic" (29,000)
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (28,000)
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs