Mumford and Sons' 'Babel' Keeps No. 1 Spot in Billboard 200
Mumford & Sons' "Babel" leads an overall slow album sales week to maintain its no. 1 spot in the Billboard 200 for a fifth non-consecutive time. Plunging down 66% with only 63,000 copies sold from its staggering 186,000 unit sales last week, it posts the lowest sales week for a no. 1 album since Zac Brown Band's "Uncaged" album sold a mere 48,000 back in 2012.
There were no new entries in the top ten this week, with the highest debut only managing to get to no. 20 as Buckcherry's "Confessions" sells 18,000 records on its first week run. Besides Alabama Shakes and Rihanna who jump back in to the top ten this week, all the other artists/albums seem to have only changed places/rankings from last week.
Alabama Shakes' "Boys & Girls" moves up from no. 20 to no. 6 with 33,000, probably boosted by the rock band's recent performance on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". Rihanna's "Unapologetic" climbs back from no. 15 to no. 9 with 29,000, re-entering the top ten since it last appeared there back in January.
Despite all posting declines in their sales percentages, four acts improve their rankings this week, led by Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox", moving up one spot from no. 3 to no. 2 with 48,000, followed by Josh Groban's "All That Echoes", up two places from no. 5 to no. 3 with 41,000. The "Now 45" album climbs four places up from no. 8 to no. 4 with 38,000, trailed by The Lumineers' self-titled album, which is bumped to no. 5 from no. 6 with 35,000.
On the bottom part of the top ten, there is "2013 Grammy Nominees" album, diving from no. 2 to no. 7 with 30,000, narrowly edging out the almost identical 30,000 sales of Fun.'s "Some Nights" which is down one spot from no. 7 to no. 8. Rounding up the top ten is Taylor Swift's "Red", falling six places from no. 4 to no. 10 with 28,000.
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (63,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (48,000)
- Josh Groban - "All That Echoes" (41,000)
- various artists - "Now 45" (38,000)
- The Lumineers - "The Lumineers" (35,000)
- Alabama Shakes - "Boys & Girls" (33,000)
- various artists - "2013 Grammy Nominees" (30,000)
- Fun. - "Some Nights" (30,000)
- Rihanna - "Unapologetic" (29,000)
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (28,000)
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'