The Rolling Stones to Hold Exhibition in Rock Hall of Fame and Museum
Legendary group The Rolling Stones celebrates their 50th anniversary by holding an exhibition, "Rolling Stones: 50 Years of Satisfaction". The event which will display a huge collection of the band's memorabilia will open on May 24 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland. Merchandise, films, texts, and advanced technology will present the band's story from 1960 until now. The museum will also hold lectures and interview.
The items displayed are so many that they take more than two floors of the museum. The museum stated that there would be "extraordinary collections that have never been seen before by the public."
In addition, the event will feature the band members' personal belongings, including some of Keith Richards' guitars, a drawing by Charlie Watts that was featured in Rolling Stones' 1966 U.S. tour concert program and the band's 1963 publishing agreement. A jacket which Richards wore in the cover of "Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass)" may be featured in the exhibition too.
Greg Harris, Rock Hall president and CEO, explained in a phone interview, "It's been in the works for close to a year." He also commented, "The greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world is worthy of a showcase exhibit, and to be able to do it in their 50th year is great."
Harris claimed that the exhibition would be a great experience for music fans, "The Rolling Stones are the epitome of rock 'n' roll. This first-ever exhibit gives us an opportunity to tell the story of one of the definitive rock 'n' roll bands. The experience should be on every music fan's destination list this summer."
The Rolling Stones was formed in 1962 with an original lineup that featured Mick Jagger on vocals and harmonica, Brian Jones on guitar, Ian Stewart on piano, Keith Richards on guitar, Bill Wyman on bass and Charlie Watts on drums. The members changed along the decades. Now, the group has Jagger, Watts, Richards, and guitarist Ronnie Wood.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'