Scott Weiland Reacts to Termination From Stone Temple Pilots
Within hours upon getting wind of reports that he was just fired from his rock band, Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland was quick to react to the unexpected development. He sounded as surprised as anyone to hear that his two-decade long work on STP that spawned numerous hits was now coming to an end.
"I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press," Weiland responded in a statement. "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."
With the termination being official, done through a brief eleven-word statement, it seems to confirm earlier rumors that there is an ongoing friction within the band, but Weiland just downplayed such rumors with a simple affirmation that "STP has not broken up. I haven't quit. I haven't been fired." He also slammed former Velvet Revolver band mate Slash's claims that he was indeed fired from STP, saying, "Slash doesn't know anything about STP. We're talking right now about when we want to tour next."
Weiland will kick off his solo tour on Friday, March 1 in Flint, Michigan. He will reportedly perform songs from Stone Temple Pilots' first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", on all of the shows in his entire tour.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video