Scott Weiland Reacts to Termination From Stone Temple Pilots
Within hours upon getting wind of reports that he was just fired from his rock band, Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland was quick to react to the unexpected development. He sounded as surprised as anyone to hear that his two-decade long work on STP that spawned numerous hits was now coming to an end.
"I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press," Weiland responded in a statement. "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."
With the termination being official, done through a brief eleven-word statement, it seems to confirm earlier rumors that there is an ongoing friction within the band, but Weiland just downplayed such rumors with a simple affirmation that "STP has not broken up. I haven't quit. I haven't been fired." He also slammed former Velvet Revolver band mate Slash's claims that he was indeed fired from STP, saying, "Slash doesn't know anything about STP. We're talking right now about when we want to tour next."
Weiland will kick off his solo tour on Friday, March 1 in Flint, Michigan. He will reportedly perform songs from Stone Temple Pilots' first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", on all of the shows in his entire tour.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris