Scott Weiland Reacts to Termination From Stone Temple Pilots
Within hours upon getting wind of reports that he was just fired from his rock band, Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland was quick to react to the unexpected development. He sounded as surprised as anyone to hear that his two-decade long work on STP that spawned numerous hits was now coming to an end.
"I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press," Weiland responded in a statement. "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that's something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday."
With the termination being official, done through a brief eleven-word statement, it seems to confirm earlier rumors that there is an ongoing friction within the band, but Weiland just downplayed such rumors with a simple affirmation that "STP has not broken up. I haven't quit. I haven't been fired." He also slammed former Velvet Revolver band mate Slash's claims that he was indeed fired from STP, saying, "Slash doesn't know anything about STP. We're talking right now about when we want to tour next."
Weiland will kick off his solo tour on Friday, March 1 in Flint, Michigan. He will reportedly perform songs from Stone Temple Pilots' first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", on all of the shows in his entire tour.
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia