Video: Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Vegans in Light of Morrissey's Canceled Appearance
Jimmy Kimmel poked fun at Morrissey who canceled his scheduled performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" show due to "Duck Dynasty" cast appearance. Informing his audience that he had found a replacement for the rocker for the Tuesday, February 26 episode of his show, the comedian said, "There's a very good reason why I didn't dump the Duck Dynasty guys for Morrissey, and it's because they have guns."
Kimmel went on saying in his monologue, "He [Morrissey] keeps finding new ways to depress us." He then introduced a skit which promoted new "Duck Dynasty" product for vegetarians, "carrot call," for luring vegetables which was described as "yuppie food."
On Tuesday, Morrissey, through his representative, announced that he bailed on "JKL". "Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, Feb. 26," his statement read. "However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of 'Duck Dynasty' will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if 'Duck Dynasty' were removed."
The former vocalist of The Smiths added, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump 'Duck Dynasty', then we must step away."
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?