'Amazing Spider-Man 2' to Feature Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn
Norman Osborn will be featured in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" after all. While the film has already begun its filming, it is reported that Chris Cooper has just been cast as the father of Harry Osborn.
The Hollywood Reporter first broke the news, confirming that Oscar-winning Cooper will join an all-star cast of villains that includes Jamie Foxx as Electro and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino. It is still unclear when the "Adaptation" actor will begin filming.
The role of Norman is very important in the Spider-Man tale. An influential person who is also known as an amoral industrialist and the head of Oscorp, Norman is the father of Peter Parker's best friend, Harry. Most importantly, Norman is the alter ego of supervillain Green Goblin.
The same role was tackled by Willem Dafoe in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. As for Cooper, it's still unknown whether his version of Norman will turn into Green Goblin in "TASM2" or the third movie.
Cooper's on-screen son, Harry, will be portrayed by Dane DeHaan in the film. In the comics, Harry also becomes the Green Goblin and turns into Spidey's nemeis after the web-slinger kills the tycoon.
Back in November, director Marc Webb said of the Osborns, "I'm fascinated by Norman Osborn and the different inflections of him. And Harry." He added, "Mary Jane and Gwen are always interesting to me."
Currently filming in New York, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" stars Andrew Garfield as the titular hero and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. Shailene Woodley is also cast as Mary Jane Watson. The movie is scheduled for a May 2, 2014 release in the United States.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'