'Amazing Spider-Man 2' to Feature Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn
Norman Osborn will be featured in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" after all. While the film has already begun its filming, it is reported that Chris Cooper has just been cast as the father of Harry Osborn.
The Hollywood Reporter first broke the news, confirming that Oscar-winning Cooper will join an all-star cast of villains that includes Jamie Foxx as Electro and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino. It is still unclear when the "Adaptation" actor will begin filming.
The role of Norman is very important in the Spider-Man tale. An influential person who is also known as an amoral industrialist and the head of Oscorp, Norman is the father of Peter Parker's best friend, Harry. Most importantly, Norman is the alter ego of supervillain Green Goblin.
The same role was tackled by Willem Dafoe in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. As for Cooper, it's still unknown whether his version of Norman will turn into Green Goblin in "TASM2" or the third movie.
Cooper's on-screen son, Harry, will be portrayed by Dane DeHaan in the film. In the comics, Harry also becomes the Green Goblin and turns into Spidey's nemeis after the web-slinger kills the tycoon.
Back in November, director Marc Webb said of the Osborns, "I'm fascinated by Norman Osborn and the different inflections of him. And Harry." He added, "Mary Jane and Gwen are always interesting to me."
Currently filming in New York, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" stars Andrew Garfield as the titular hero and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. Shailene Woodley is also cast as Mary Jane Watson. The movie is scheduled for a May 2, 2014 release in the United States.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance