Ricky Schroder Denies Hitting Airport Worker, Apologizes Anyway
Ricky Schroder a.k.a. Rick Schroder has responded to an allegation that he hit a female airport worker at LAX on Monday, February 25. Met at Union Station in D.C. on Wednesday, the former child actor said he never assaulted anyone earlier this week and called the whole thing a "complete misunderstanding."
Sharing his side of story in the incident, he recalled, "My phone dropped and I went to grab it ... and that's what happened." He, however, apologized to the accuser, "I apologize to you, Miss, if I hurt your feelings and I didn't mean to. Sweetheart, god bless you ... and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."
Previously, the airport worker claimed she was checking boarding passes when Ricky attempted to go through security with three bags on Monday morning. After told that he was only allowed to carry two bags, he allegedly insisted on three and slapped the woman's hand when she tried to reach his boarding pass.
Police were called to the scene and they interviewed both parties, but no arrest was made. Rickly's lawyer Marty Singer told TMZ the woman was rude and confrontational. Marty went on saying that the woman hit Ricky's hand and his phone went flying. When he grabbed his phone, the woman screamed, "Assault!"
According to Marty, there were witnesses who supported Ricky's story, and his client didn't do what the accuser said. Otherwise, Ricky would have been arrested.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris