Joan Rivers Slammed for Weight Jab Against Adele and Holocaust Joke About Heidi Klum
Joan Rivers is clearly asking for troubles. The "Fashion Police" judge who's well known for ridiculing fellow celebrities landed in hot water after cracking jokes about Adele's full figure and Heidi Klum's German roots.
"I met Adele! Has she been on the show?" the fashion critics asked David Letterman when visiting his show recently. She's puffing out her cheeks and holding her arms away from her body to imitate a fat person, prompting audience in the studio to boo her.
Undeterred by the crowd's unfavorable response, Rivers deadpanned, "Oh no! No! She's thin! Can we just talk to each other here?" The TV personality furthermore mocked the British singing sensation, "What is her song, 'Rolling in the Deep'? She should add, 'Fried Chicken'."
Rivers added insult to injury as saying, "She sang live and said, 'My throat, my throat, I don't know if I can swallow.' And I said, 'Oh, you can swallow'."
She echoed her sentiment when giving her Oscar recap on Twitter. "On Sunday night, you could easily pick Adele's Oscar statuette out of a lineup. It was the only one wearing Spanx," she wrote.
Elsewhere, Rivers angered Anti-Defamation League for cracking a Holocaust joke when commenting about Klum's look. "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens," she said on her E! show.
"It is vulgar and offensive for anybody to use the death of six million Jews and millions of others in the Holocaust to make a joke, but this is especially true for someone who is Jewish and who proudly and publicly wears her Jewishness on her sleeve," the ADL slammed her.
More Joan Rivers News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off