Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen Call It Quits After Two Years of Dating
Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen are no longer an item. Various news outlets confirm that the couple who met on the set of Woody Allen's romcom "Midnight in Paris" in 2010 parts ways after dating for around two years.
It's unclear as to why the couple broke up. Rumors suggested it was long distance and constant traveling due to their hectic schedules that brought them apart. While McAdams resides in Toronto, Sheen spends most of his time between his hometown of Wales and Los Angeles to get close to his daughter.
McAdams previously dated Ryan Gosling and was briefly engaged to him before calling it off in 2007. Gosling is now seeing Eva Mendes. Sheen, meanwhile, had a serious relationship with Kate Beckinsale from 1995 until 2003. Their daughter Lily was born in 1999. They split after filming "Underworld", and Beckinsale is now married to the movie's director Len Wiseman.
McAdams and Sheen didn't get romantic until after they're finished making "Midnight in Paris". "Michael and I didn't get together while we were filming Midnight in Paris, which I feel strongly about not doing when I'm working. We became quite good friends, which I think is a great way to start," so she explained on Stella magazine.
Of their long-distance relationship, she said back then that they managed to make it work. "Michael and I never spend more than three weeks apart -- we rack up a lot of air miles -- but you have to be quite adaptable in this business whether you are in a relationship or not," she explained.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'