Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen Call It Quits After Two Years of Dating
Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen are no longer an item. Various news outlets confirm that the couple who met on the set of Woody Allen's romcom "Midnight in Paris" in 2010 parts ways after dating for around two years.
It's unclear as to why the couple broke up. Rumors suggested it was long distance and constant traveling due to their hectic schedules that brought them apart. While McAdams resides in Toronto, Sheen spends most of his time between his hometown of Wales and Los Angeles to get close to his daughter.
McAdams previously dated Ryan Gosling and was briefly engaged to him before calling it off in 2007. Gosling is now seeing Eva Mendes. Sheen, meanwhile, had a serious relationship with Kate Beckinsale from 1995 until 2003. Their daughter Lily was born in 1999. They split after filming "Underworld", and Beckinsale is now married to the movie's director Len Wiseman.
McAdams and Sheen didn't get romantic until after they're finished making "Midnight in Paris". "Michael and I didn't get together while we were filming Midnight in Paris, which I feel strongly about not doing when I'm working. We became quite good friends, which I think is a great way to start," so she explained on Stella magazine.
Of their long-distance relationship, she said back then that they managed to make it work. "Michael and I never spend more than three weeks apart -- we rack up a lot of air miles -- but you have to be quite adaptable in this business whether you are in a relationship or not," she explained.
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair