Fun. Premieres New Music Video 'Why Am I the One'
Fresh from their big Grammy triumph as this year's Best New Artist, indie rock band Fun. premieres a new music video for their latest single "Why Am I the One". The track is from their sophomore album "Some Nights" which has produced the two previous hits "Carry On" and "We Are Young", which earned them another Grammy trophy for Song of the Year.
Frontman Nate Ruess, with his band mates Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff, appears suited up for the five-and-a-half-minute clip, as they start off the video in an airport baggage check-out counter, waiting for their luggage to come out of the conveyor. Only after the trio leaves, their suitcase, wittingly labeled with "fun.", finally shows up.
It goes on its own adventures. It is thrown out to the streets and picked up by a stranger, sitting in at a poker game, being taken to a pawn shop and riding on the back of a motorcycle, all while the three owners contemplate the fate of their lost possession.
Last week, the group shared to fans the meaning behind their new song. "The song is about constantly being on the move; and that is something that we've been for the last ten years, but more so this year than any," Ruess explained. "For example, right now, I live nowhere. I don't have an apartment, I don't have anything. [In the past], I moved from Phoenix to New York, and now I'm moving from New York to who knows where? But it's all I've known, so I'm used to it."
Fun.'s "Why Am I the One" Music Video
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny