Fun. Premieres New Music Video 'Why Am I the One'
Fresh from their big Grammy triumph as this year's Best New Artist, indie rock band Fun. premieres a new music video for their latest single "Why Am I the One". The track is from their sophomore album "Some Nights" which has produced the two previous hits "Carry On" and "We Are Young", which earned them another Grammy trophy for Song of the Year.
Frontman Nate Ruess, with his band mates Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff, appears suited up for the five-and-a-half-minute clip, as they start off the video in an airport baggage check-out counter, waiting for their luggage to come out of the conveyor. Only after the trio leaves, their suitcase, wittingly labeled with "fun.", finally shows up.
It goes on its own adventures. It is thrown out to the streets and picked up by a stranger, sitting in at a poker game, being taken to a pawn shop and riding on the back of a motorcycle, all while the three owners contemplate the fate of their lost possession.
Last week, the group shared to fans the meaning behind their new song. "The song is about constantly being on the move; and that is something that we've been for the last ten years, but more so this year than any," Ruess explained. "For example, right now, I live nowhere. I don't have an apartment, I don't have anything. [In the past], I moved from Phoenix to New York, and now I'm moving from New York to who knows where? But it's all I've known, so I'm used to it."
Fun.'s "Why Am I the One" Music Video
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album