Chris Brown on Rihanna: 'She Loves Me, I'm Forgiven'
Chris Brown expressed his thought about the incident with Rihanna in 2009. At Elton John's Aids Foundation Oscars party on Sunday, February 24, Brown told U.K.'s Mirror that Rihanna had forgiven him. "Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals. That night was the deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake. But she loves me - what can I say? I'm forgiven, but, yes, I worked hard for it," he said.
Brown explained that he was young and needed time to learn. He also revealed that he was thankful for fans' continuous support to him. The 23-year-old singer said, "I learned a lot since that night and I've grown up. I was very young and I took a lot of stuff, fame, for granted. I didn't understand it. The support from those who do know me and the fans, who are incredible, got me through."
Chris Brown assaulted girlfriend Rihanna in 2009, causing bruises and injuries to the "Diamonds" singer. The court sentenced Brown to five years probation and six months community service after he confessed to his wrongdoing. Because of the incident, entertainment industry made him an outcast and public expressed disappointment to the young singer's behavior.
Rihanna recently defended Brown in a Rolling Stone interview, saying that "he's a good person. He's giving and loving." She further explained, "He's fun to be around and he has a fantastic heart. That's what I love about him. He always makes me laugh." Rihanna said that their relationship is "different now." She added, "We don't have those types of arguments anymore. We talk about [stuff]. We value each other."
More Chris Brown News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound