Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes for 'Brain Fart' During Acceptance Speech at Oscars
Jennifer Lawrence is not proud of her acceptance speech at the 85th annual Academy Awards. The winner of Oscars' Best Actress forgot to thank "Silver Linings Playbook" director David O. Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein when accepting her award on stage. She called the mishap a "brain fart" and apologized for it.
"In the whirlwind of last night, I was remiss to thank two incredibly important people to this film and in my life," she begins her apology before adding in a statement to EW. "David O. Russell: Thank you for the most incredible experience of my life."
"Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching me things about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor. You have so much passion and such a bleeding heart, you believe not only in your films but what your films can do for people and that is the most important thing that I have learned from you."
"Harvey Weinstein: You championed this movie and its story from early days. Your passion and unyielding support gave this film the opportunity to thrive and touch so many people," she continues. "Thank you to both. I will never be able to forgive myself for such a brain fart but I hope that you both can. Obviously it was not on purpose, I couldn't remember what I had already said and my mind went completely blank-your brain does funny things during the most overwhelming moment of your life!" she concludes.
Jennifer Lawrence won her coveted prize over Jessica Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour"), Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), and Naomi Watts ("The Impossible"). "It's been amazing getting to know you. You've been so nice and you've made this experience unforgettable," she said of the other nominees.
Wearing a Dior Haute Couture dress with a voluminous skirt, the actress fell on the stairs as she made her way to the stage. "You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell," she said upon reaching the podium, referring to the standing ovation she received for her big win. "That's really embarrassing, but thank you."
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier