Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes for 'Brain Fart' During Acceptance Speech at Oscars
Jennifer Lawrence is not proud of her acceptance speech at the 85th annual Academy Awards. The winner of Oscars' Best Actress forgot to thank "Silver Linings Playbook" director David O. Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein when accepting her award on stage. She called the mishap a "brain fart" and apologized for it.
"In the whirlwind of last night, I was remiss to thank two incredibly important people to this film and in my life," she begins her apology before adding in a statement to EW. "David O. Russell: Thank you for the most incredible experience of my life."
"Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching me things about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor. You have so much passion and such a bleeding heart, you believe not only in your films but what your films can do for people and that is the most important thing that I have learned from you."
"Harvey Weinstein: You championed this movie and its story from early days. Your passion and unyielding support gave this film the opportunity to thrive and touch so many people," she continues. "Thank you to both. I will never be able to forgive myself for such a brain fart but I hope that you both can. Obviously it was not on purpose, I couldn't remember what I had already said and my mind went completely blank-your brain does funny things during the most overwhelming moment of your life!" she concludes.
Jennifer Lawrence won her coveted prize over Jessica Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour"), Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), and Naomi Watts ("The Impossible"). "It's been amazing getting to know you. You've been so nice and you've made this experience unforgettable," she said of the other nominees.
Wearing a Dior Haute Couture dress with a voluminous skirt, the actress fell on the stairs as she made her way to the stage. "You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell," she said upon reaching the podium, referring to the standing ovation she received for her big win. "That's really embarrassing, but thank you."
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle