'American Horror Story' Close to Get Kathy Bates for Season 3
"American Horror Story" will pit Jessica Lange against Kathy Bates. Academy Award-winning actress Bates, who had a regular role as Harriet Korn on "Harry's Law", is close to seal a deal to join the third season of the FX horror series.
According to TVLine, Bates will play the best friend of Lange's character, who turns into her enemy. Lange's character herself was described as a "glamor cat leading lady" by show creator Ryan Murphy.
In addition to Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters who starred in the second season will return to the third installment. The new chapter will also bring back Taissa Farmiga, who starred in the inaugural season.
"What season three is about is more historical in nature...I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three," Murphy teased about the storyline. He additionally dished, "This one will be shot on location in three different cities in the country."
Bates won Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress - Comedy Series for her guest stint as the ghost of Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men". She also earned 10 other Emmy nominations, two of which were for her starring role on the canceled "Harry's Law".
More American Horror Story News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle