'American Horror Story' Close to Get Kathy Bates for Season 3
"American Horror Story" will pit Jessica Lange against Kathy Bates. Academy Award-winning actress Bates, who had a regular role as Harriet Korn on "Harry's Law", is close to seal a deal to join the third season of the FX horror series.
According to TVLine, Bates will play the best friend of Lange's character, who turns into her enemy. Lange's character herself was described as a "glamor cat leading lady" by show creator Ryan Murphy.
In addition to Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters who starred in the second season will return to the third installment. The new chapter will also bring back Taissa Farmiga, who starred in the inaugural season.
"What season three is about is more historical in nature...I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three," Murphy teased about the storyline. He additionally dished, "This one will be shot on location in three different cities in the country."
Bates won Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress - Comedy Series for her guest stint as the ghost of Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men". She also earned 10 other Emmy nominations, two of which were for her starring role on the canceled "Harry's Law".
More American Horror Story News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says