'American Horror Story' Close to Get Kathy Bates for Season 3
"American Horror Story" will pit Jessica Lange against Kathy Bates. Academy Award-winning actress Bates, who had a regular role as Harriet Korn on "Harry's Law", is close to seal a deal to join the third season of the FX horror series.
According to TVLine, Bates will play the best friend of Lange's character, who turns into her enemy. Lange's character herself was described as a "glamor cat leading lady" by show creator Ryan Murphy.
In addition to Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters who starred in the second season will return to the third installment. The new chapter will also bring back Taissa Farmiga, who starred in the inaugural season.
"What season three is about is more historical in nature...I'm also interested in getting into a horror romance. That's certainly something that's going to be in the water for season three," Murphy teased about the storyline. He additionally dished, "This one will be shot on location in three different cities in the country."
Bates won Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress - Comedy Series for her guest stint as the ghost of Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men". She also earned 10 other Emmy nominations, two of which were for her starring role on the canceled "Harry's Law".
More American Horror Story News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series