Juliette Binoche Is in Talks to Star in 'Godzilla' Reboot
Juliette Binoche has entered negotiations to join the cast of "Godzilla" reboot. She follows Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen who are already in talks to star in the film to be directed by Gareth Edwards. The report is first broken by Variety, but the site doesn't mention whether or not Bryan Cranston, who was also reported to be in talks earlier this month, is still involved in the project.
There are still no character description and plot details released, as Frank Darabont hasn't turned in the script he rewrites after he took it over from Drew Pearce who wrote "Iron Man 3". However, rumors have swirled that the story centers on a soldier and involves at least two monsters in addition to the iconic radioactive reptilian behemoth that will cause earth-shattering collateral damage.
The reboot is said to be tapped into the roots of the original Japanese movie. Based on the classic monster from Toho Co., Ltd, "Godzilla" is one of the most widely-recognized monster movies worldwide. It has been featured in more than 25 films, multiple television programs, video games and book series.
Legendary aims to start the production in March for May 16, 2014 release in the U.S. theaters. The company partners up with Warner Bros. Pictures to distribute the film worldwide, except in Japan, where Toho Co., Ltd, will take over the distribution.
Juliette starred in "Cosmopolis" alongside Robert Pattinson in 2012. The 48-year-old French actress will next be seen in Bruno Dumont-directed biopic "Camille Claudel, 1915" which premiered in early February at the 2013 Berlin Film Festival.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics