Ben Stiller Returns to Netflix's 'Arrested Development'
Ben Stiller has been booked to guest star in the new season of "Arrested Development". The "Meet the Parents" star is set to reprise his role as Tony Wonder, a rival magician to Will Arnett's Gob, in one episode, Entertainment Weekly reports.
Stiller previously guest starred in season 2 and 3 of the comedy series, which originally aired on FOX. He joins Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Conan O'Brien, Isla Fisher and John Slattery who are all tapped to guest star on the revived show.
The fourth season of "Arrested Development" will consist of 14 episodes, which will be unleashed on the same day on Netflix in the spring of 2013. It was recently hinted that the show wouldn't likely get another season.
"We don't anticipate being able to do season five, six and seven," Netflix's CEO Reed Hastings said. Noting that "we have less of a stake in it," he added, "It's really a fantastic one-off which is coming together incredibly, and I think it will be amazing for us, but think of it as a non-repeatable amazing."
However, a spokesperson for the Internet streaming media said the company remained hopeful for more seasons of the sitcom.
"Arrested Development" will bring back the original cast which includes Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi and Michael Cera. Each of the new episodes will focus on a character's a point of view.
More Arrested Development News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos