Bobby Brown Sentenced to 55 Days in Jail for DUI
Bobby Brown was sentenced to 55 days in a Los Angeles jail plus 4 years probation for drunk-driving and driving on a suspended license charge on Tuesday, February 26. In addition, Brown was ordered to attend an 18-month alcohol treatment program.
City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan said that the singer was sentenced after pleading no contest to being under the influence and driving on a suspended license. Brown has to report to the Los Angeles jail before March 30.
Whitney Houston's ex-husband was stopped by the police in October 2012 because of his dangerous driving. Later the police found his car reeked of alcoholic drink and smelled alcohol in his breath. Brown previously had been arrested twice in 1996 and 2012 for the same case. Brown's license had been suspended following his previous DUI case in early 2012.
A source told TMZ last year that Brown considered taking alcohol treatment seriously. The source said that the singer finally realized that he had drinking problem. Previously, Brown was in denial and he did not take the rehab program seriously. Another source told TMZ that Brown had not decided anything, and his friends and family tried not to push him. Rehabilitation program only worked if Brown really wished for his recovery.
Bobby Brown was married to Whitney Houston for 15 years before calling it quits in 2006. The couple only has one daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, who was born on March 4, 1993.
More Bobby Brown News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding