James McAvoy: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Won't Unite Young and Old Xaviers
Recently rumored to be circling the lead role in Relativity Media's "The Crow" remake, James McAvoy is currently busy preparing to shoot "X-Men: Days of Future Past". Speaking about the upcoming comic book movie, McAvoy unveils a little tidbit of his character young Charles Xavier.
Though Bryan Singer has tapped Patrick Stewart to return as the old Charles Xavier, McAvoy reveals that he and Stewart won't be working together directly. That means, there's no chance to see the younger and older versions of Xavier in a same scene. "It'll be cool, but I don't think we get any scenes together, sadly," he tells Empire magazine. "I don't think there's any future self talking to past self."
During the chat with Empire, McAvoy also discusses how he's been very lucky to be working on the "X-Men" franchise. "Having an X-Men in your back pocket, which hopefully will go for three movies, it makes you go, 'Right, it doesn't matter if I make 14 films that nobody sees... because in two years' time I'll make another X-Men'," he jokes.
"Meanwhile, Fox are thinking, 'Why isn't this [frick]er out there building his profile so he can make us more money on the second X-Men?' But that's their fault for hiring me!" he adds humorously.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Also starring Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, the sequel will be released in the U.S. on July 18, 2014. Apart from Patrick Stewart, original "X-Men" stars Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman are also set to reprise their roles as Magneto and The Wolverine respectively.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked