Carrie Fisher Hospitalized After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship
Carrie Fisher was taken to a hospital after having a bipolar episode abroad a cruise ship last week. When performing on the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean, she was slurring off-key the lyrics of "Skylark" and cleaned up after her dog which relieved himself on stage.
The incident was caught on camera and the footage soon went viral. Many believed that the "Star Wars" veteran was intoxicated, but her representative said the psychiatric breakdown she displayed on stage was a result of her battle with bipolar disorder.
A recovering drug addict, the actress has been open in the past about her struggle with the illness. She's reportedly been released from hospital. "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," her rep said in a statement.
In related news, Fisher is reportedly in negotiations to reprise her role as Princess Leia for upcoming movie in the "Star Wars" franchise.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera