Carrie Fisher Hospitalized After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship
Carrie Fisher was taken to a hospital after having a bipolar episode abroad a cruise ship last week. When performing on the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean, she was slurring off-key the lyrics of "Skylark" and cleaned up after her dog which relieved himself on stage.
The incident was caught on camera and the footage soon went viral. Many believed that the "Star Wars" veteran was intoxicated, but her representative said the psychiatric breakdown she displayed on stage was a result of her battle with bipolar disorder.
A recovering drug addict, the actress has been open in the past about her struggle with the illness. She's reportedly been released from hospital. "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," her rep said in a statement.
In related news, Fisher is reportedly in negotiations to reprise her role as Princess Leia for upcoming movie in the "Star Wars" franchise.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent