Carrie Fisher Hospitalized After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship
Carrie Fisher was taken to a hospital after having a bipolar episode abroad a cruise ship last week. When performing on the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean, she was slurring off-key the lyrics of "Skylark" and cleaned up after her dog which relieved himself on stage.
The incident was caught on camera and the footage soon went viral. Many believed that the "Star Wars" veteran was intoxicated, but her representative said the psychiatric breakdown she displayed on stage was a result of her battle with bipolar disorder.
A recovering drug addict, the actress has been open in the past about her struggle with the illness. She's reportedly been released from hospital. "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," her rep said in a statement.
In related news, Fisher is reportedly in negotiations to reprise her role as Princess Leia for upcoming movie in the "Star Wars" franchise.
More Carrie Fisher News
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl