Carrie Fisher Hospitalized After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship
Carrie Fisher was taken to a hospital after having a bipolar episode abroad a cruise ship last week. When performing on the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean, she was slurring off-key the lyrics of "Skylark" and cleaned up after her dog which relieved himself on stage.
The incident was caught on camera and the footage soon went viral. Many believed that the "Star Wars" veteran was intoxicated, but her representative said the psychiatric breakdown she displayed on stage was a result of her battle with bipolar disorder.
A recovering drug addict, the actress has been open in the past about her struggle with the illness. She's reportedly been released from hospital. "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," her rep said in a statement.
In related news, Fisher is reportedly in negotiations to reprise her role as Princess Leia for upcoming movie in the "Star Wars" franchise.
More Carrie Fisher News
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It