Carrie Fisher Hospitalized After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship
Carrie Fisher was taken to a hospital after having a bipolar episode abroad a cruise ship last week. When performing on the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean, she was slurring off-key the lyrics of "Skylark" and cleaned up after her dog which relieved himself on stage.
The incident was caught on camera and the footage soon went viral. Many believed that the "Star Wars" veteran was intoxicated, but her representative said the psychiatric breakdown she displayed on stage was a result of her battle with bipolar disorder.
A recovering drug addict, the actress has been open in the past about her struggle with the illness. She's reportedly been released from hospital. "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," her rep said in a statement.
In related news, Fisher is reportedly in negotiations to reprise her role as Princess Leia for upcoming movie in the "Star Wars" franchise.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed