First Look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Shailene Woodley was photographed as Mary Jane Watson for the first time while shooting "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in New York on Monday, February 25. Shailene, who is famous for her role in "The Descendants", was caught sporting red hair to play the superhero's love interest.
The character of Mary Jane was last played by Kirsten Dunst in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy, which had Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker. The 30-year-old actress thought Shailene was perfect for the role. "I think she's a sweetheart and such a good actress," Kirsten told MTV in 2012. "I'm happy. If I had to pick someone, I'm happy she's following in my shoes."
In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) is too busy to take out the bad guys as Spider-Man, so he doesn't have enough time to spend with the person he loves, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Peter can't keep the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away. Things will change for Peter after the emerge of a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), and the return of Peter's old friend, Hary Osborn (Dane DeHaan). Peter also uncovers new clues about his past.
Mary Jane's role is reportedly not very big in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", but her story will expand in the next film. Apparently, this is the girl set to create a love triangle between her, Peter, and Gwen. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will be in U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy