First Look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Shailene Woodley was photographed as Mary Jane Watson for the first time while shooting "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in New York on Monday, February 25. Shailene, who is famous for her role in "The Descendants", was caught sporting red hair to play the superhero's love interest.
The character of Mary Jane was last played by Kirsten Dunst in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy, which had Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker. The 30-year-old actress thought Shailene was perfect for the role. "I think she's a sweetheart and such a good actress," Kirsten told MTV in 2012. "I'm happy. If I had to pick someone, I'm happy she's following in my shoes."
In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) is too busy to take out the bad guys as Spider-Man, so he doesn't have enough time to spend with the person he loves, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Peter can't keep the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away. Things will change for Peter after the emerge of a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), and the return of Peter's old friend, Hary Osborn (Dane DeHaan). Peter also uncovers new clues about his past.
Mary Jane's role is reportedly not very big in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", but her story will expand in the next film. Apparently, this is the girl set to create a love triangle between her, Peter, and Gwen. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will be in U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'