Barbara Walters to Return to 'The View' in March
After being absent from "The View" for several weeks, Barbara Walters is set to return to the ABC talk show. On Tuesday, February 26, the veteran journalist called into a live taping of the show to announce her comeback planned for Monday, March 4.
"Like it or not, I'm coming back to the show again," she told her fellow co-hosts. Assuring that she isn't contagious anymore, she said, "No more chicken pox. ... I haven't been contagious for a while, but they wanted me to have rest, and I've had enough rest and I'm ready to come back."
Walters was briefly hospitalized after falling, hitting her head and cutting her temple at the British ambassador's residence over the inauguration weekend. Days later, she was diagnosed with chicken pox, which is rare among adults.
Whoopi Goldberg announced on "The View" in late January, "We want to give you an update on Barbara. You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood. Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest. She's not allowed any visitors. And we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching."
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards