Barbara Walters to Return to 'The View' in March
After being absent from "The View" for several weeks, Barbara Walters is set to return to the ABC talk show. On Tuesday, February 26, the veteran journalist called into a live taping of the show to announce her comeback planned for Monday, March 4.
"Like it or not, I'm coming back to the show again," she told her fellow co-hosts. Assuring that she isn't contagious anymore, she said, "No more chicken pox. ... I haven't been contagious for a while, but they wanted me to have rest, and I've had enough rest and I'm ready to come back."
Walters was briefly hospitalized after falling, hitting her head and cutting her temple at the British ambassador's residence over the inauguration weekend. Days later, she was diagnosed with chicken pox, which is rare among adults.
Whoopi Goldberg announced on "The View" in late January, "We want to give you an update on Barbara. You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood. Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest. She's not allowed any visitors. And we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story