Scarlett Johansson Forms All-Girl Band
Scarlett Johansson revealed that she has just formed an all-girl band, which she describes as a "super force." Aside from being a much sought-after film and theatre thespian, Johansson has been dabbling in singing, and even got an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song for "Before My Time", a theme song of documentary movie "Chasing Ice", but now she's taking her music career to a whole new level with the formation of her singing group.
"I have an all-girls band, and we're called the One and Only Singles', and we're doing our Go-Go's thing", announced the "Lost in Translation" lead star during her recent guesting on "Live! with Kelly and Michael". Aside from working on her new band, the Golden Globe-nominated actress is also a certified Broadway star, currently starring in a revival of the Broadway hit "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof".
But what looks to be her biggest singing achievement so far is getting nominated alongside Grammy Award-winning artist Adele, who ultimately won the Oscar for her James Bond movie theme "Skyfall". "It's funny because I never thought I would be nominated for an Oscar next to Adele," Johansson told hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan, adding that "that was very surprising to me."
"I never could have imagined that we would have been nominated for an Oscar", the Tony Award-winning actress said about her and friend composer Jay Ralph's work for "Chasing Ice".
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding