Miss Delaware Teen USA Resigns Amid Sex Tape Scandal
Miss Delaware Teen USA Melissa King has given up her crown after being hit with sex tape scandal. On Tuesday, February 26, pageant spokeswoman Dara Busch wrote in an e-mail, "I would like to confirm to you that the Miss Delaware Teen USA pageant has received a resignation letter from Miss King's attorney."
King's resignation came after a porn website posted a sex video which features a woman who sounds and looks like her. In a sneak peek of the video shot in June 2012, the woman says she turned 18 in March, which is King's birth month. She also mentions her favorite sex position.
When contacted for comment about the porn video, King denied it was her in the video. "Absolutely not. It is not," she said. "There are comments saying this, however, it's not comments that are true."
King was elected as Miss Delaware Teen USA in November, months after the sex tape was shot. The pageant has contacted the first runner-up Hailey Lawler about replacing King.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'