Miss Delaware Teen USA Resigns Amid Sex Tape Scandal
Miss Delaware Teen USA Melissa King has given up her crown after being hit with sex tape scandal. On Tuesday, February 26, pageant spokeswoman Dara Busch wrote in an e-mail, "I would like to confirm to you that the Miss Delaware Teen USA pageant has received a resignation letter from Miss King's attorney."
King's resignation came after a porn website posted a sex video which features a woman who sounds and looks like her. In a sneak peek of the video shot in June 2012, the woman says she turned 18 in March, which is King's birth month. She also mentions her favorite sex position.
When contacted for comment about the porn video, King denied it was her in the video. "Absolutely not. It is not," she said. "There are comments saying this, however, it's not comments that are true."
King was elected as Miss Delaware Teen USA in November, months after the sex tape was shot. The pageant has contacted the first runner-up Hailey Lawler about replacing King.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'