Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Seeks Deal With Prosecutors to Resolve Car Crash Case
Lindsay Lohan's attorney, Mark Heller, is working hard on keeping the 26-year-old actress out of jail due to a car crash involving her in June 2012. Heller attached a letter to the Santa Monica and L.A. City Attorneys to the documents he filed on February 22.
In the letter Heller wrote to prosecutors Terry White and Spencer Hart, he proposed several alternatives for Lohan. He suggested that the actress serve as a motivational speaker and perform non-jail activities.
Heller continued that the actress agreed to spend time recording public service announcements and made "periodic visits to schools, hospitals, and other venues where she may provide inspirational talks, encouraging children to pursue positive goals and avoid bad habits."
Heller also stated that Lohan's turbulent home life has deeply impacted her and required a different approach in the case. He said they couldn't judge her "without considering the pain, torment and confusion which Lindsay has experienced and has been afflicted with."
Sources connected to the prosecution said the letter pissed the judges off because it looked like an attempt to improperly influence the court. Terry White, chief deputy city attorney in Santa Monica, declined to comment on the letter. He said discussions about a possible resolution are scheduled to take place this week.
Lohan is charged with three misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, lying to police and obstructing officers from performing their duties. Lohan was on her way to a beach shoot for TV movie "Liz & Dick" when her Porsche crashed into the back of a dump truck. She lied to the police about not being behind the wheel.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch