Mindy McCready Laid to Rest in 'Very Nice and Simple' Funeral in Florida
Funeral procession for Mindy McCready was finally held in Florida on Tuesday, February 26, nine days after the country star was found dead in Arkansas. The service took place at the Crossroads Baptist Church in Fort Myers with the late singer's family and friends all gathering around to honor her for the last time.
An attendee described the funeral as being "very nice, simple service." The witness told E! News, "The whole family was there. [Mindy's mother] Gayle officiated and spoke at the service and I left inspired." It is also said that Mindy's songs, "Wrong Again", "Ten Thousand Angels", "I'm Still Here" and "I'll See You Yesterday" were played before the funeral began.
Apart from Mindy's mom, her family members such as stepfather Michael Inge and brothers Timothy and Skylar were on hand to share personal stories about the "Guys Do It All the Time" hitmaker. Michael sang "You Are My Special Angel" with an acoustic guitar and gave the closing prayer. Her sons Zander and Zane, however, were nowhere to be seen.
During the service, a scripture from Isaiah 43:19 was quoted, "Behold I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth shall ye not know it I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." In lieu of flowers, the family asked people in attendance to donate to the Mindy McCready Children Trust.
The service also included a slideshow of the McCreadys photos, including pictures of young Mindy and an image of the singer with her former fiance Dean Cain. Her casket was closed with flowers on top and on each side of it. A big portrait of her was also placed on the casket.
Furthermore, a source said to E! that the funeral "focused on the normal side of Mindy, not the celebrated singer or trouble country star. If you were there, you left there knowing Mindy was a normal person - someone who liked to cut up, get in some fun trouble." The source added, "They did a good job of celebrating Mindy's life."
"The most important thing from the service was that there was a time in Mindy's life when she was really happy and she had accomplished her dreams," explained the witness. "There was also humor. People told funny stories about times they had with Mindy."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special