Nicole Kidman Dances Seductively With Matthew Goode in New 'Stoker' Clip
Nicole Kidman as the unstable mother, Evelyn, and Matthew Goode as the mysterious uncle, Charlie, are involved in a seductive slow dance in the new clip of "Stoker". Mia Wasikowska who plays Nicole's daughter, India, is quietly watching her mother and uncle from behind the door.
"Stoker" tells the story of India Stoker who lives with her mother, Evelyn. India has to welcome her uncle Charlie to her and her mother's mansion after her father died in a car accident. India never knew uncle Charlie existed, and she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives but soon she and her mother find themselves drawn into him.
The film was directed by Park Chan-wook and the screenplay was written by Wentworth Miller (aka Ted Foulke). Wentworth who is best known for his role on "Prison Break" used the pseudonym because he "just wanted the scripts to sink or swim on their own."
Despite being influenced by Bram Stoker's "Dracula", Wentworth clarified that Stoker was "not about vampires. It was never meant to be about vampires but it is a horror story." Wentworth said that the film was also influenced by Alfred Hitchcock's "Shadow of a Doubt".
In January 2011, Mia was in negotiations to play India, while Nicole followed in February. In June, Matthew was in talks to play the uncle Charlie after Colin Firth who was attached earlier dropped out.
"Stoker" was premiered at 2013 Sundance Film Festival and is going to be released in the U.S. theaters on March 1.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner