Morrissey Bails on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Due to 'Duck Dynasty' Cast Appearance
Morrissey's fans won't be able to see him on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" in the foreseeable future. The British singer has canceled his scheduled performance on the Jimmy Kimmel-hosted talk show as a protest against animal hunting.
"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, Feb. 26," his representative says in a statement to E! News. "However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of 'Duck Dynasty' will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if 'Duck Dynasty' were removed."
The "Everyday Is Like Sunday" singer adds, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump 'Duck Dynasty', then we must step away."
Morrissey was supposed to be performing on "JKL" Tuesday, February 26 before he resumes his North American tour on Wednesday in San Diego. The vegetarian rocker is known for being an animal activist. According to the Associated Press, Morrissey's performance on "JKL" would be rescheduled.
"Duck Dynasty" itself is an A&E's reality show which centers on the Robertsons, a Louisiana bayou family who became wealthy from their family-operated business, Duck Commander. The company makes duck-call tools for duck hunters.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked