Morrissey Bails on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Due to 'Duck Dynasty' Cast Appearance
Morrissey's fans won't be able to see him on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" in the foreseeable future. The British singer has canceled his scheduled performance on the Jimmy Kimmel-hosted talk show as a protest against animal hunting.
"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, Feb. 26," his representative says in a statement to E! News. "However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of 'Duck Dynasty' will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if 'Duck Dynasty' were removed."
The "Everyday Is Like Sunday" singer adds, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump 'Duck Dynasty', then we must step away."
Morrissey was supposed to be performing on "JKL" Tuesday, February 26 before he resumes his North American tour on Wednesday in San Diego. The vegetarian rocker is known for being an animal activist. According to the Associated Press, Morrissey's performance on "JKL" would be rescheduled.
"Duck Dynasty" itself is an A&E's reality show which centers on the Robertsons, a Louisiana bayou family who became wealthy from their family-operated business, Duck Commander. The company makes duck-call tools for duck hunters.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7