Kristin Chenoweth Duct-Taped by Her Daughter in First 'Family Weekend' Trailer
Hot on heels of her Oscars performance with Seth MacFarlane, Kristin Chenoweth appears in a first trailer for her new dramedy "Family Weekend". In it, Kristin is featured having a chaotic family with her daughter struggling to put them together. Funny thing happens when the daughter seals Kristin's lips with a duct tape only to get her attention.
"Family Weekend" revolves around 16-year-old Emily Smith-Dungy (Olesya Rulin), who is an incredibly motivated overachiever but grown up increasingly frustrated with her parents' lack of support and guidance. Her mom, Samantha (Kristin), is a career-focused, no-nonsense, high-powered business executive.
Her dad, Duncan (Matthew Modine), is a happy go-lucky artist who can't be bothered to earn a paycheck. When they miss their daughter's big jump-roping competition, Emily hits her breaking point and takes it upon herself to restore order in the home. With the help of her siblings, they unite and take their parents hostage in hopes to become a "family" again.
The dramedy has Benjamin Epps serving as the director and Matt K. Turner penning the script. To be released in the U.S. on March 29, the movie is also supported by Joey King, Eddie Hassel, Shirley Jones, Chloe Bridges, Robbie Tucker and Peter Gail.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered