Green Day to Return Onstage at SXSW Post-Billie Joe Armstrong Rehab
Pop rock band Green Day has announced that they would make their South By SouthWest debut on March 15 in Austin, two weeks before their own tour. It will be their first live show since their short break following frontman Billie Joe Armstrong's rehab last fall, which caused them to postpone their tour dates for 2012 and early 2013.
During the festival, the band will also screen their two documentaries at the Paramount Theatre. It will be the world premiere of "Broadway Idiot" which chronicles the adaptation of their album "American Idiot" as a Tony Award-nominated Broadway musical while "Cuatro!", which tracks the making of Green Day's recent "Uno!", "Dos!" and "Tre!" albums, will be featured again after its debut last month at the X Games.
After the special double-feature, Armstrong, bassist and backing vocalist Mike Dirnt, drummer Tre Cool as well as guitarist and backing vocalist Jason White will troop to the Moody Theatre to perform an Austin City Limits Live show. It will be their first onstage performance prior to resuming their tour on March 28 in Chicago.
The quintet was forced to postpone their tour following Armstrong's meltdown at the iHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas back in September. Despite already having implemented an extensive promotional campaign for it, they had to forego the tour to give time for Armstrong's treatment for substance abuse.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked