Andy Samberg and Singer Joanna Newsom Are Engaged
Andy Samberg is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Joanna Newsom. Samberg's publicist, Carrie Byalick, said via email on Monday, February 25 that the couple who has been dating for five years is engaged to get married. "I can confirm that Andy Samberg and Joanna Newsom are engaged," said the publicist. However, there is no further info, including the wedding date.
Newsom was spotted wearing a huge diamond ring on her ring finger at Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, February 23, in Santa Monica, California, as she accompanied Samberg at the event. The two met five years ago via a mutual friend.
According to Samberg's friend, Samberg is a fan of Newsom even before they met. The friend said, "He liked her music and would go to her shows. He had the biggest crush on her. They have great chemistry." Newsom's friend revealed, "She respects what he does with his songs. She's so proud of everything that he has accomplished."
Samberg gained popularity after he made comical performances on "Saturday Night Live", including "Motherlover" with Justin Timberlake and "I'm on a Boat" with T-Pain. Samberg was on "Saturday Night Live" for seven years before calling it quits in 2012. Samberg took part in movies such as "That's My Boy" and "Celeste and Jesse Forever. He is currently starring on a British TV series, "Cuckoo".
Joanna Newsom is a singer, harpist, pianist, and songwriter. She has released three albums and two singles. Some of her songs are used in commercials, such as "Bridges & Balloons" in LG commercials, and "Sprout and the Bean" in Australian tourism advertisement.
More Andy Samberg News
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight