Andy Samberg and Singer Joanna Newsom Are Engaged
Andy Samberg is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Joanna Newsom. Samberg's publicist, Carrie Byalick, said via email on Monday, February 25 that the couple who has been dating for five years is engaged to get married. "I can confirm that Andy Samberg and Joanna Newsom are engaged," said the publicist. However, there is no further info, including the wedding date.
Newsom was spotted wearing a huge diamond ring on her ring finger at Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, February 23, in Santa Monica, California, as she accompanied Samberg at the event. The two met five years ago via a mutual friend.
According to Samberg's friend, Samberg is a fan of Newsom even before they met. The friend said, "He liked her music and would go to her shows. He had the biggest crush on her. They have great chemistry." Newsom's friend revealed, "She respects what he does with his songs. She's so proud of everything that he has accomplished."
Samberg gained popularity after he made comical performances on "Saturday Night Live", including "Motherlover" with Justin Timberlake and "I'm on a Boat" with T-Pain. Samberg was on "Saturday Night Live" for seven years before calling it quits in 2012. Samberg took part in movies such as "That's My Boy" and "Celeste and Jesse Forever. He is currently starring on a British TV series, "Cuckoo".
Joanna Newsom is a singer, harpist, pianist, and songwriter. She has released three albums and two singles. Some of her songs are used in commercials, such as "Bridges & Balloons" in LG commercials, and "Sprout and the Bean" in Australian tourism advertisement.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny