Andy Samberg and Singer Joanna Newsom Are Engaged
Andy Samberg is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Joanna Newsom. Samberg's publicist, Carrie Byalick, said via email on Monday, February 25 that the couple who has been dating for five years is engaged to get married. "I can confirm that Andy Samberg and Joanna Newsom are engaged," said the publicist. However, there is no further info, including the wedding date.
Newsom was spotted wearing a huge diamond ring on her ring finger at Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, February 23, in Santa Monica, California, as she accompanied Samberg at the event. The two met five years ago via a mutual friend.
According to Samberg's friend, Samberg is a fan of Newsom even before they met. The friend said, "He liked her music and would go to her shows. He had the biggest crush on her. They have great chemistry." Newsom's friend revealed, "She respects what he does with his songs. She's so proud of everything that he has accomplished."
Samberg gained popularity after he made comical performances on "Saturday Night Live", including "Motherlover" with Justin Timberlake and "I'm on a Boat" with T-Pain. Samberg was on "Saturday Night Live" for seven years before calling it quits in 2012. Samberg took part in movies such as "That's My Boy" and "Celeste and Jesse Forever. He is currently starring on a British TV series, "Cuckoo".
Joanna Newsom is a singer, harpist, pianist, and songwriter. She has released three albums and two singles. Some of her songs are used in commercials, such as "Bridges & Balloons" in LG commercials, and "Sprout and the Bean" in Australian tourism advertisement.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer