First Look at New 'Original' Spidey Costume in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
A few weeks ago, director Marc Webb had teased a sneak peek at the new Spidey costume for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The new red-and-blue getup that will be worn by Andrew Garfield in the upcoming film has now been unveiled entirely thanks to Coming Soon.
The site reveals a very first look at the new attire in a close-up shot. At first glimpse, the costume may not look very different from the one in "The Amazing Spider-Man". However, fans will notice that it has much bigger eyes and a number of changes in color and texture. The design is very close to the one featured in the original comics, especially Mark Bagley's take in Ultimate Spider-Man.
Reports that the sequel would feature a new Spidey costume started spinning at the end of last year. It was said that the costume design would go back to the traditional Spidey suit as seen in the original comic books. The studio reportedly considered the idea to alter the suit because hardcore fans of the masked vigilante "have been screaming for an outfit with an original look."
While "TASM2" is currently filming, a series of photos taken from the set in New York made their round online. Clad in the new getup, Garfield is seen channeling the web slinger while shooting some hanging sequences.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in the U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014. In it, Peter Parker (Garfield) finds that his life is busy - between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough.
Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away - but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?