First Look at New 'Original' Spidey Costume in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
A few weeks ago, director Marc Webb had teased a sneak peek at the new Spidey costume for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The new red-and-blue getup that will be worn by Andrew Garfield in the upcoming film has now been unveiled entirely thanks to Coming Soon.
The site reveals a very first look at the new attire in a close-up shot. At first glimpse, the costume may not look very different from the one in "The Amazing Spider-Man". However, fans will notice that it has much bigger eyes and a number of changes in color and texture. The design is very close to the one featured in the original comics, especially Mark Bagley's take in Ultimate Spider-Man.
Reports that the sequel would feature a new Spidey costume started spinning at the end of last year. It was said that the costume design would go back to the traditional Spidey suit as seen in the original comic books. The studio reportedly considered the idea to alter the suit because hardcore fans of the masked vigilante "have been screaming for an outfit with an original look."
While "TASM2" is currently filming, a series of photos taken from the set in New York made their round online. Clad in the new getup, Garfield is seen channeling the web slinger while shooting some hanging sequences.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in the U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014. In it, Peter Parker (Garfield) finds that his life is busy - between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough.
Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away - but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'