Oscars 2013 Rises in Ratings From Last Year, Tops Other Award Shows This Season
The 85th annual Academy Awards drew big ratings for ABC which broadcast the show on Sunday night, February 24. The prestigious prize-giving event posted an average of 40.3 million viewers and a 13.0 rating among adults 18-49, according to Nielsen.
It is up 3% from 2012 in total viewers and rises even bigger, 11%, in the demo compared to last year's ceremony hosted by Billy Crystal. It marks the second most-watched Oscars telecast since 2005 and tops other big award shows this season, including the Golden Globe Awards and the Grammy Awards.
This year's Oscars had "music in film" as its theme and featured a tribute to James Bond film franchise which recently celebrated its 50th anniversary. Host Seth MacFarlane was criticized for his jokes, but he proved to be effective to lure younger audience.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic