Donald Trump Brands 'Django Unchained' the 'Most Racist Movie' and 'Sucked'
A day after winning two Oscars at Sunday's Academy Awards, "Django Unchained" was slammed with criticisim from Donald Trump. The real estate mogul was clearly not a fan of the Quentin Tarantino movie, branding it "the most racist movie" ever.
"Django Unchained is the most racist movie I have ever seen, it sucked!" Trump wrote on Twitter Monday, February 25. As if it was not enough, he continued his slamming against the slavery era film on the "Fox & Friends" morning program.
The 66-year-old business magnate told the hosts of the program that "Django" was obviously "one of the most racist movies I've ever seen." He claimed, "I thought it was terrible and a disgrace."
The chairman and president of The Trump Organization said that when people "talk about guns and gun control, that movie - people should watch that," and added, "You wanna talk about somebody with a problem. But, I thought it was terrible."
Trump was not the only one who had negative opinions on "Django". Previously, director Spike Lee blasted the film for being "disrespectful to my ancestors." He also vowed not to watch the movie. Apart from that, the pic was also repeatedly criticized for showcasing brutality and was accused of influencing gun violence in real life.
Despite all the controversies, the Jamie Foxx-starring movie successfully claimed two of the most coveted awards at the 85th annual Academy Awards. It won Best Original Screenplay for Tarantino, and Best Supporting Actor for Christoph Waltz.
As for Trump, apart from dissing "Django" on the morning show, he also criticized the Academy for being "tacky." He was also unhappy with Daniel Day-Lewis' win for Best Actor because the British thesp, who played the titular President in "Lincoln", was "not from this country."
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'