Janet Jackson Already Marrried to Wissam Al Mana for Months
Janet Jackson has tied the knot with Wissam Al Mana. In fact, the "All for You" songstress and the billionaire businessman have been officially married since last year, the singer confirms.
"The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony," they say in a joint statement to Entertainment Tonight. "Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children's charities."
The couple is asking for privacy as stating, "We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy. With love, Wissam and Janet."
Janet and Qatari managing director Wissam were reported being engaged in December 2012 after dating for two years. At that time, it was said that they were planning their wedding for this spring in Qatar.
This is the third marriage for the sister of the late Michael Jackson. The 46-year-old singer eloped with childhood friend and fellow R&B singer James DeBarge in late 1984 but divorced him shortly afterwards. She was then secretly married to dancer/director Rene Elizondo, Jr. in 1991. She was dating music producer Jermaine Dupri for seven years before calling it quits in 2009.
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!