Janet Jackson Already Marrried to Wissam Al Mana for Months
Janet Jackson has tied the knot with Wissam Al Mana. In fact, the "All for You" songstress and the billionaire businessman have been officially married since last year, the singer confirms.
"The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony," they say in a joint statement to Entertainment Tonight. "Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children's charities."
The couple is asking for privacy as stating, "We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy. With love, Wissam and Janet."
Janet and Qatari managing director Wissam were reported being engaged in December 2012 after dating for two years. At that time, it was said that they were planning their wedding for this spring in Qatar.
This is the third marriage for the sister of the late Michael Jackson. The 46-year-old singer eloped with childhood friend and fellow R&B singer James DeBarge in late 1984 but divorced him shortly afterwards. She was then secretly married to dancer/director Rene Elizondo, Jr. in 1991. She was dating music producer Jermaine Dupri for seven years before calling it quits in 2009.
More Janet Jackson News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge