Janet Jackson Already Marrried to Wissam Al Mana for Months
Janet Jackson has tied the knot with Wissam Al Mana. In fact, the "All for You" songstress and the billionaire businessman have been officially married since last year, the singer confirms.
"The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony," they say in a joint statement to Entertainment Tonight. "Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children's charities."
The couple is asking for privacy as stating, "We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy. With love, Wissam and Janet."
Janet and Qatari managing director Wissam were reported being engaged in December 2012 after dating for two years. At that time, it was said that they were planning their wedding for this spring in Qatar.
This is the third marriage for the sister of the late Michael Jackson. The 46-year-old singer eloped with childhood friend and fellow R&B singer James DeBarge in late 1984 but divorced him shortly afterwards. She was then secretly married to dancer/director Rene Elizondo, Jr. in 1991. She was dating music producer Jermaine Dupri for seven years before calling it quits in 2009.
More Janet Jackson News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'