Judge Issues Two Arrest Warrants for Suge Knight for Missing a Court Date
After failing to attend a court date on Thursday, February 21, a judge issued two arrest warrants for Suge Knight. Both warrants are stemming from driving with a suspended license in 2011 and 2012, one with an attached bail for $5,000, and another for $30,000.
Knight is reportedly already under three-year unsupervised probation from one of the violations, while another violation is still pending. The court hearing at Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday was scheduled for both cases.
Knight, whose real name is Marion Hugh Knight Jr., is the founder and CEO of Black Kapital Records and co-founder and former CEO of Death Row Records. Knight was previously charged with assault and drug possession, in addition to his bankruptcy in 2008.
If Knight is arrested, this will be his second arrest after the 1997 incarceration in which he was sentenced to nine years in prison for a probation violation. At that time, he was filmed in an altercation which also involved Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas moments before the rapper was fatally shot. He was released on August 6, 2001.
In late December 2012, Knigt was also caught in a video with Katt Wiliams outside a nightclub in Hollywood. They were fighting against some random guys over a parking lot.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group