Jessica Chastain Denies Oscars Feud With Jennifer Lawrence
Jessica Chastain dismissed rumor she's feuding with fellow Best Actress nominee Jennifer Lawrence ahead of 2013 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24. "I don't (like girl fights). I think the image of women like cats, this catty thing, I don't find that to be true. So I'm not interested in keeping up the myth. Unless it's for a movie. A girl fight in a movie is fun," Jessica told MTV News on the Oscars red carpet.
"(Jennifer) came up to me at a party the other night and she goes, 'I hear we're in a supposed feud,' " she recalled how she learned the rumor from Jennifer. "Cause someone showed her that I had wrote a thing on Facebook that was like basically 'You all need to step back, there's no feud. She's awesome, she's talented' and 'Stop.' "
Jessica took to her Facebook page on February 10 to explain she wasn't feuding with Jennifer. "I find it very sad that media makes up bogus stories about women fighting in this industry," she wrote. "I've done two photo shoots with Jennifer Lawrence over the years and have found her to be utterly charming and a great talent. I've told her how beautiful her film work is."
Jessica eventually lost the Best Actress award to Jennifer at the Oscars ceremony. The 22-year-old actress won the title for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook", beating out other nominees including Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour"), Naomi Watts ("The Impossible"), and Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild").
In other news, it's reported that Jessica's estranged biological father, Michael Monasterio, died on February 5. She, however, didn't attend his memorial service which was held on Saturday, February 23.
"He is not on Jessica's birth certificate. There are no photos of Jessica and Michael together. Given all of the facts, there are no plans to attend," a source close to Jessica told the Daily News about the actress and her father's relationship. Michael, who died at age of 55, was suffering from bronchitis complication.
More Jessica Chastain News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2