Jason Momoa Won't Play Drax in 'Guradians of the Galaxy' After All
Apparently "Guardians of the Galaxy" is still away from finding its Drax the Destroyer. It has been reported that rumored frontrunner Jason Momoa has decided to pass on the role despite the fact that the project is dubbed a potential tentpole from Marvel Studios.
Latino Review's El Mayimbe first shared the words on Twitter. He wrote, "Marvel is back to screen testing actors for Drax. Somebody needs to remind Momoa that nobody saw his last 2 films & take Marvel's offer."
IGN pointed out that Momoa's decision was likely made because of Marvel's notorious tough negotiations tactics and low-salary offers. Momoa and camp would likely not be the first to turn down the studio's offer related to the "Guardians" project.
The "Conan the Barbarian" actor was linked to "Guardians" earlier in February. In addition to him, Marvel reportedly tested Isaiah Mustafa, Dave Bautista and Brian Patrick Wade for the role of Drax.
Drax was originally an ordinary man named Arthur Douglas, whose family was killed by Thanos. Needing a champion to combat the Mad Titan, a being known as Kronos took Arthur's spirit and placed it in a powerful new body, and Drax the Destroyer was born.
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" film project has hired James Gunn as the director and Black List scribe Chris McCoy as the screenwriter. The movie reportedly will follow a far-future story revolving around a group of alien beings - each the last of their kind - who eventually travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion.
Marvel plans to release the flick Stateside on August 1, 2014.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special