Jason Momoa Won't Play Drax in 'Guradians of the Galaxy' After All
Apparently "Guardians of the Galaxy" is still away from finding its Drax the Destroyer. It has been reported that rumored frontrunner Jason Momoa has decided to pass on the role despite the fact that the project is dubbed a potential tentpole from Marvel Studios.
Latino Review's El Mayimbe first shared the words on Twitter. He wrote, "Marvel is back to screen testing actors for Drax. Somebody needs to remind Momoa that nobody saw his last 2 films & take Marvel's offer."
IGN pointed out that Momoa's decision was likely made because of Marvel's notorious tough negotiations tactics and low-salary offers. Momoa and camp would likely not be the first to turn down the studio's offer related to the "Guardians" project.
The "Conan the Barbarian" actor was linked to "Guardians" earlier in February. In addition to him, Marvel reportedly tested Isaiah Mustafa, Dave Bautista and Brian Patrick Wade for the role of Drax.
Drax was originally an ordinary man named Arthur Douglas, whose family was killed by Thanos. Needing a champion to combat the Mad Titan, a being known as Kronos took Arthur's spirit and placed it in a powerful new body, and Drax the Destroyer was born.
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" film project has hired James Gunn as the director and Black List scribe Chris McCoy as the screenwriter. The movie reportedly will follow a far-future story revolving around a group of alien beings - each the last of their kind - who eventually travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion.
Marvel plans to release the flick Stateside on August 1, 2014.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season