Oscars 2013: 'Argo' and 'Lincoln' Pick Up Their First Golden Statuettes
The 85th annual Academy Awards is nearly halfway to the end of the show. After "Les Miserables" picked up its third Oscar with Anne Hathaway winning the Best Supporting Actress, its "Argo" which was called on stage to claim its first award. The Ben Affleck-directed film won the Best Film Editing prize for William Goldenberg.
Taking his Oscar from presenter Sandra Bullock, Goldenberg sang praise to Affleck on his speech. He gushed, "You're my brother, I love you and thank you for this." Adele then took the stage to perform the original song for "Skyfall" after being introduced by Jennifer Lawrence.
"Lincoln", which dominates the nomination list at this year's Oscars, finally got its first golden statuette as it snatched the Best Production Design gong for Rick Carter and Jim Erickson. The duo took their Oscar from Daniel Radcliffe and Kristen Stewart, who was limping on stage because she's on crutches.
Serving as the host for this year's Academy Awards is Seth MacFarlane. The show, which is currently held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center, is getting closer to unveil winners of its coveted categories, including Best Actor and Actress, Best Director, and of course, Best Picture.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation