Oscars 2013: 'Argo' and 'Lincoln' Pick Up Their First Golden Statuettes
The 85th annual Academy Awards is nearly halfway to the end of the show. After "Les Miserables" picked up its third Oscar with Anne Hathaway winning the Best Supporting Actress, its "Argo" which was called on stage to claim its first award. The Ben Affleck-directed film won the Best Film Editing prize for William Goldenberg.
Taking his Oscar from presenter Sandra Bullock, Goldenberg sang praise to Affleck on his speech. He gushed, "You're my brother, I love you and thank you for this." Adele then took the stage to perform the original song for "Skyfall" after being introduced by Jennifer Lawrence.
"Lincoln", which dominates the nomination list at this year's Oscars, finally got its first golden statuette as it snatched the Best Production Design gong for Rick Carter and Jim Erickson. The duo took their Oscar from Daniel Radcliffe and Kristen Stewart, who was limping on stage because she's on crutches.
Serving as the host for this year's Academy Awards is Seth MacFarlane. The show, which is currently held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center, is getting closer to unveil winners of its coveted categories, including Best Actor and Actress, Best Director, and of course, Best Picture.
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities