Jay-Z and Mariah Carey Celebrate Jermaine Dupri's Label's Anniversary
Hip-hop superstar Jay-Z and R'n'B diva Mariah Carey were just a couple of the big names that record producer Jermaine Dupri brought out as surprise guests to his record label So So Def Recording's 20th anniversary concert held on February 23 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Other hip-hop and R'n'B artists who went out to celebrate with Dupri were Usher, Nelly, Kris Kross, Da Brat, Xscape, Jagged Edge, and Bow Wow.
"This feels like a mother f***ing family reunion [up] in this thang," rapper Lil Jon shouted to the concertgoers as he served as the night's DJ. Indeed, the artists who showed up to perform were there to give back to the producer who helped their career, as Dupri noted, "I do more than run So So Def. I've produced so many hits for people outside of So So Def."
Jay-Z performed "Money Ain't a Thing" with Dupri and belted out his Grammy winning track "Ni**as in Paris" as well as "Jigga What, Jigga Who". Carey appeared towards the end of the show, closing it out with Dupri as they lighted a 20th birthday celebration cake for So So Def.
Usher, who credited Dupri for many of his no. 1 records, wowed the crowd with some of his biggest hits. Dupri couldn't get away without also performing some of his hits produced by Lil Jon in front of his hometown crowd.
Jay-Z performs "Money Ain't a Thing" with Jermaine Dupri:
Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri close out So So Def 20th anniversary concert:
More Jay-Z News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert