Jay-Z and Mariah Carey Celebrate Jermaine Dupri's Label's Anniversary
Hip-hop superstar Jay-Z and R'n'B diva Mariah Carey were just a couple of the big names that record producer Jermaine Dupri brought out as surprise guests to his record label So So Def Recording's 20th anniversary concert held on February 23 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Other hip-hop and R'n'B artists who went out to celebrate with Dupri were Usher, Nelly, Kris Kross, Da Brat, Xscape, Jagged Edge, and Bow Wow.
"This feels like a mother f***ing family reunion [up] in this thang," rapper Lil Jon shouted to the concertgoers as he served as the night's DJ. Indeed, the artists who showed up to perform were there to give back to the producer who helped their career, as Dupri noted, "I do more than run So So Def. I've produced so many hits for people outside of So So Def."
Jay-Z performed "Money Ain't a Thing" with Dupri and belted out his Grammy winning track "Ni**as in Paris" as well as "Jigga What, Jigga Who". Carey appeared towards the end of the show, closing it out with Dupri as they lighted a 20th birthday celebration cake for So So Def.
Usher, who credited Dupri for many of his no. 1 records, wowed the crowd with some of his biggest hits. Dupri couldn't get away without also performing some of his hits produced by Lil Jon in front of his hometown crowd.
Jay-Z performs "Money Ain't a Thing" with Jermaine Dupri:
Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri close out So So Def 20th anniversary concert:
More Jay-Z News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked