'Breaking Dawn 2' Wins Seven 'Worst' Titles at 2013 Razzie Awards
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" dominates winner list of this year's Golden Raspberry Awards for the wrong reason. The final installment in the "Twilight Saga" franchise gets seven "worst" titles on the eve of the 85th annual Academy Awards.
The vampire romance film starring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson is named Worst Picture, saving "Battleship", "The Oogieloves in Big Balloon Adventure", "That's My Boy" and "A Thousand Words" from the embarrassment.
The franchise has been nominated in the category in the past two years through "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse", but they're lucky back then. "Jack and Jill" was granted the title in 2011, and "The Last Airbender" got it in 2010.
Stewart is branded Worst Actress for her portrayal of human-turned-vampire in "Breaking Dawn Part II" and as Snow White in "Snow White and the Huntsman". She got the same nomination in 2011 and 2010 for her "Twilight Saga" role, but didn't win any until this year.
This year, the Bella Swan depicter is nominated along with Katherine Heigl ("One for the Money"), Milla Jovovich ("Resident Evil: Retribution"), Tyler Perry ("Madea's Witness Protection"), and Barbra Streisand ("The Guilt Trip").
Another "Twilight" star Taylor Lautner was not lucky either. After evading the title in 2011 for his roles in "Abduction" and "Breaking Dawn Part I", the werewolf Jacob Black depicter now has to take home the Worst Supporting Actor prize.
He saves David Hasselhoff ("Pirannha 3-DD"), Liam Neeson ("Battleship") / "Wrath of the Titans"), Nick Swardson ("That's My Boy") and Vanilla Ice ("That's My Boy") from winning the title.
Luck, however, is still on Pattinson's side. The Edward Cullen depicter who was saved from being Worst Actor in 2010 for his roles in "Remember Me" / "Eclipse" now manages to dodge the unprivileged title once again as Adam Sandler wins it for his role in "That's My Boy".
Other Razzie wins that the "Breaking Dawn Part II" has unfortunately collected this year are Worst Director for Bill Condon, Worst Screen Ensemble, Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, and Worst Screen Couple for Mackenzie Foy and Lautner.
"That's My Boy" gets another title, Worst Screenplay, making it the second-big winner of this year. Another unlucky star is Rihanna. First-time Razzie nominee, she has to walk away with Worst Supporting Actress title for her role in "Battleship".
- Worst Picture: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Worst Director: Bill Condon - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Worst Actress: Kristen Stewart - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" / "Snow White and the Huntsman"
- Worst Actor: Adam Sandler - "That's My Boy"
- Worst Supporting Actress: Rihanna - "Battleship"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Taylor Lautner - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Worst Screen Ensemble: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Worst Screenplay: "That's My Boy"
- Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Worst Screen Couple: Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner - "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame