Stephen Colbert Hosts Fundraiser for His Sister's Congressional Campaign
Stephen Colbert is lending his star power to help his sister in her congressional campaign. The funnyman returns to his hometown of Charleston to raise fund in a bowling alley and is set to attend a private reception and a private dinner afterwards at a home on Sullivans Island.
Elizabeth Colbert Busch is eying South Carolina's vacant 1st District congressional seat left by Republican Tim Scott, who was chosen to replace former Sen. Jim DeMint.
Though Stephen has publicly showed interest in politics, he insists his sister is more qualified than him. "I don't actually have anything to offer people in a public office," he says. "It's natural for her to run because she has skills and something to offer society. I am professionally ridiculous. So I just hope that what I do for a living doesn't sully her good character."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen