Stephen Colbert Hosts Fundraiser for His Sister's Congressional Campaign
Stephen Colbert is lending his star power to help his sister in her congressional campaign. The funnyman returns to his hometown of Charleston to raise fund in a bowling alley and is set to attend a private reception and a private dinner afterwards at a home on Sullivans Island.
Elizabeth Colbert Busch is eying South Carolina's vacant 1st District congressional seat left by Republican Tim Scott, who was chosen to replace former Sen. Jim DeMint.
Though Stephen has publicly showed interest in politics, he insists his sister is more qualified than him. "I don't actually have anything to offer people in a public office," he says. "It's natural for her to run because she has skills and something to offer society. I am professionally ridiculous. So I just hope that what I do for a living doesn't sully her good character."
More Stephen Colbert News
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos