Stephen Colbert Hosts Fundraiser for His Sister's Congressional Campaign
Stephen Colbert is lending his star power to help his sister in her congressional campaign. The funnyman returns to his hometown of Charleston to raise fund in a bowling alley and is set to attend a private reception and a private dinner afterwards at a home on Sullivans Island.
Elizabeth Colbert Busch is eying South Carolina's vacant 1st District congressional seat left by Republican Tim Scott, who was chosen to replace former Sen. Jim DeMint.
Though Stephen has publicly showed interest in politics, he insists his sister is more qualified than him. "I don't actually have anything to offer people in a public office," he says. "It's natural for her to run because she has skills and something to offer society. I am professionally ridiculous. So I just hope that what I do for a living doesn't sully her good character."
More Stephen Colbert News
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?