Stephen Colbert Hosts Fundraiser for His Sister's Congressional Campaign
Stephen Colbert is lending his star power to help his sister in her congressional campaign. The funnyman returns to his hometown of Charleston to raise fund in a bowling alley and is set to attend a private reception and a private dinner afterwards at a home on Sullivans Island.
Elizabeth Colbert Busch is eying South Carolina's vacant 1st District congressional seat left by Republican Tim Scott, who was chosen to replace former Sen. Jim DeMint.
Though Stephen has publicly showed interest in politics, he insists his sister is more qualified than him. "I don't actually have anything to offer people in a public office," he says. "It's natural for her to run because she has skills and something to offer society. I am professionally ridiculous. So I just hope that what I do for a living doesn't sully her good character."
More Stephen Colbert News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet