Stephen Colbert Hosts Fundraiser for His Sister's Congressional Campaign
Stephen Colbert is lending his star power to help his sister in her congressional campaign. The funnyman returns to his hometown of Charleston to raise fund in a bowling alley and is set to attend a private reception and a private dinner afterwards at a home on Sullivans Island.
Elizabeth Colbert Busch is eying South Carolina's vacant 1st District congressional seat left by Republican Tim Scott, who was chosen to replace former Sen. Jim DeMint.
Though Stephen has publicly showed interest in politics, he insists his sister is more qualified than him. "I don't actually have anything to offer people in a public office," he says. "It's natural for her to run because she has skills and something to offer society. I am professionally ridiculous. So I just hope that what I do for a living doesn't sully her good character."
More Stephen Colbert News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard