Mindy McCready's Funeral Set for February 26, Memorial Scheduled for March 6
official details of the memorial service for the recently deceased country music singer Mindy McCready were announced. A private funeral for the mother of two is scheduled to take place on February 26, and a public memorial is going to follow a week later on March 6.
The family will bid goodbye to McCready at Crossroads Church in Fort Myers, FL. Her friends and colleagues from the music industry will pay their final tributes at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville which she described as her second home after breaking into the music industry.
McCready's death is confirmed as a suicide, according to preliminary autopsy results released by the Arkansas Crime Lab. The former fiancee of Dean Cain took her own life a month after her boyfriend, David Wilson, was found dead with a gunshot wound in their house.
During her life, she battled multiple legal woes, addictions and suicide attempts leading up to her losing custody of her first son Zander. She later won back the custody of the little boy after proving to court that she had sobered up since living with Wilson.
After Wilson died, McCready was believed to fall into depression. Her ex Billy McKnight expressed concern about her "mental and physical stability and condition" and requested a full custody of their son, Zander. Her father also pleaded with court to ask her to seek help.
She checked into rehab for mental-health and alcohol-abuse problems. Her kid 6-year-old Zander, along with 9-month-old Zayne from her relationship with Wilson, was removed from her care. She was released from rehab to undergo outpatient treatment, but ended up killing herself.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'