Mindy McCready's Funeral Set for February 26, Memorial Scheduled for March 6
official details of the memorial service for the recently deceased country music singer Mindy McCready were announced. A private funeral for the mother of two is scheduled to take place on February 26, and a public memorial is going to follow a week later on March 6.
The family will bid goodbye to McCready at Crossroads Church in Fort Myers, FL. Her friends and colleagues from the music industry will pay their final tributes at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville which she described as her second home after breaking into the music industry.
McCready's death is confirmed as a suicide, according to preliminary autopsy results released by the Arkansas Crime Lab. The former fiancee of Dean Cain took her own life a month after her boyfriend, David Wilson, was found dead with a gunshot wound in their house.
During her life, she battled multiple legal woes, addictions and suicide attempts leading up to her losing custody of her first son Zander. She later won back the custody of the little boy after proving to court that she had sobered up since living with Wilson.
After Wilson died, McCready was believed to fall into depression. Her ex Billy McKnight expressed concern about her "mental and physical stability and condition" and requested a full custody of their son, Zander. Her father also pleaded with court to ask her to seek help.
She checked into rehab for mental-health and alcohol-abuse problems. Her kid 6-year-old Zander, along with 9-month-old Zayne from her relationship with Wilson, was removed from her care. She was released from rehab to undergo outpatient treatment, but ended up killing herself.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'