Jermaine Jackson Officially Changes Surname to Jacksun
Starting Friday, February 22, Jermaine Jackson is officialy Jermaine Jacksun after a Los Angeles judge signed off a petition of the late Michael Jackson's older brother to change his famous surname. He sought the name change for "artistic reasons" and said that his decision on changing his last name was "a personal choice" and "not a big deal."
On the day the court approved his petition, the 58-year-old singer couldn't make it there. Bret D. Lewis, his attorney, said he was in Europe to perform with his brothers, Tito Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Jackie Jackson.
The Jackson 5 member filed a petition to change one letter of his last name to Jacksun at the Los Angeles County Superior Court. "If Prince and P. Diddy can do it, why can't and shouldn't Jermaine?" Bret said when the petition was originally filed.
"I support my husband," wife Halima Rashid said that time. "The sun isn't shining here in Calabasas today, but at least the name is brighter."
Jermaine made sure that he sought the name change for "artistic reasons" and said it had nothing to do with a rift in his family over the care of Michael Jackson's children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson which surfaced in public June last year.
"To him (Jermaine), it's no big deal. It's for artistic reasons. It's changing one letter to put in something bright and positive," pal Steve Dennis said. "Phonetically, it's still the same. I don't think he'll be changing it as often as P. Diddy."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper