Nick Carter Engaged to Girlfriend Lauren Kitt
After four years of dating, Nick Carter is set to wed his girlfriend, Lauren Kitt. He proposed to his fitness expert girlfriend on Wednesday, February 20, during their recent vacation on a secluded island in Florida Keys where Nick used to spend his time as a child.
"I had the ring in my pocket for two weeks," the Backstreet Boys member tells PEOPLE. "I was like, 'I don't want it anymore!' It was driving me insane. I just wanted to get it out of my hands and on to hers."
Nick took Lauren to the secluded island by a boat. "My boat was in such bad condition because I hadn't used it for, like, six years. It took me five days literally on my hands and knees, scraping up my body (to fix it)," Nick says. "The engine wasn't complete yet but we still decided to go out."
Once they arrived at the island, Nick dropped to one knee and presented his girlfriend with a seven-carat diamond ring from XIV KARATS. "She said, 'Yes,' and I'm, like, 'I don't know what to do,' " Nick continues.
"I wasn't expecting it. It just felt very surreal," Lauren says. "We both are just so happy in love right now and on cloud nine."
While the couple has planned the marriage, they haven't set the date. As a member of Backstreet Boys, Nick is going to be busy due to working on their new album. "It's not up to us. It's up to the schedule. We're just excited and looking forward to the next chapter of our lives," Lauren adds.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'