Kendrick Lamar Premieres 'Poetic Justice' Music Video Featuring Drake
Hip-hop recording artist Kendrick Lamar finally releases the music video to his Janet Jackson sample single "Poetic Justice", the second track off his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" album. Canadian rapper Drake assists him in the Scoop Deville-produced track.
Despite Lamar's repeated requests for her to make a special cameo in the music video, Jackson does not appear in the clip, but even without the R'n'B/pop superstar, the final product is nonetheless cinematic. Lamar's fans have been eagerly awaiting the new video, since the track had already been playing on the radio for quite some time after the album from where it is taken was first released four months ago.
The video is staged in Lamar's own Southern California neighborhood of Compton. It starts out lightly with a flirtation between a guy and a young lady that is badly interrupted by a drive-by shooting, ending with the couple lying lifeless on the road with an ambulance arriving towards the end of the clip.
The seemingly simple clip similar to any usual love track video unveils a somewhat deeper theme like most of Lamar's material. Only after watching it would viewers get to understand why the five-minute-plus music video starts out with an advisory, "All characters in this visual are entirely fictional. The events that occur are purely symbolic and should not be taken literal."
Kendrick Lamar's "Poetic Justice" Music Video Feat. Drake
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert