Kendrick Lamar Premieres 'Poetic Justice' Music Video Featuring Drake
Hip-hop recording artist Kendrick Lamar finally releases the music video to his Janet Jackson sample single "Poetic Justice", the second track off his "good kid, m.A.A.d city" album. Canadian rapper Drake assists him in the Scoop Deville-produced track.
Despite Lamar's repeated requests for her to make a special cameo in the music video, Jackson does not appear in the clip, but even without the R'n'B/pop superstar, the final product is nonetheless cinematic. Lamar's fans have been eagerly awaiting the new video, since the track had already been playing on the radio for quite some time after the album from where it is taken was first released four months ago.
The video is staged in Lamar's own Southern California neighborhood of Compton. It starts out lightly with a flirtation between a guy and a young lady that is badly interrupted by a drive-by shooting, ending with the couple lying lifeless on the road with an ambulance arriving towards the end of the clip.
The seemingly simple clip similar to any usual love track video unveils a somewhat deeper theme like most of Lamar's material. Only after watching it would viewers get to understand why the five-minute-plus music video starts out with an advisory, "All characters in this visual are entirely fictional. The events that occur are purely symbolic and should not be taken literal."
Kendrick Lamar's "Poetic Justice" Music Video Feat. Drake
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby