Jane Lynch to Host NBC's Summer Series 'Hollywood Game Night'
Jane Lynch is getting busier lately. After scoring her first Broadway role (as Miss Hannigan in "Annie"), the Sue Sylvester of "Glee" is tapped to host NBC's planned summer series "Hollywood Game Night". The hour-long game show comes from producers Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner.
Based on Hayes' real-life "game nights," the show will feature A-list celebrities hanging out and playing games with non-celebrity contestants in a cocktail party atmosphere. At the end of each episode, one of two contestants will take home a cash prize.
"With Jane Lynch on board as our host, we now have a key component in place that will further enliven the sheer fun of a raucous Hollywood party that will include real everyday people," says Paul Telegdy, president alternative and late-night programming at NBC.
"Her exuberant wit and ability to think quickly will be the perfect match for our show, which will give viewers a fresh look inside the off-set lives of their favorite celebrities -- and allow them a chance to win money as well."
Lynch states, "I'm so thrilled to let the world in on the fun with Sean at 'Game Night'. The format is sure to provide a lot of unexpected results that will keep everyone off-balance and entertained."
"Hollywood Game Night" has received an eight-episode order. There is no word on which celebrities will appear on the show and the premiere date.
This won't be Lynch's first hosting gig. She has previously hosted VH1 Do Something Awards, 2011 Emmy Awards and an episode of NBC's "Saturday Night Live".
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer