'Law and Order: SVU' to Air Rihanna and Chris Brown-Inspired Episode
While their reunion story grabs the headlines in recent weeks, Rihanna and Chris Brown will get the spotlight in a new episode of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". Known for its episodes that often take on real-life events, the show will air an episode which focuses on a popular music couple, in which the man abuses his singer girlfriend.
This storyline quickly draws comparison to the relationship of RiRi and Chris, who were involved in an altercation back in 2009. However, in an "SVU" twist, the male singer winds up getting murdered. Despite the similarity, a rep for the police procedural series insists, "As always, SVU is fiction."
According to the official synopsis, ADA Barba (guest star Raul Esparza) works to build a case, but the victim refuses to aid the prosecution and, despite Detective Benson's best efforts, continues to put herself in danger. The case quickly spirals into a media circus, perpetrated by both the defendant and his uncompromising attorney (guest star Jeffrey Tambor).
"Funny Valentine" will air Wednesday, February 27 at 9 P.M. on NBC. The episode will feature special appearances by Perez Hilton, Dave Navarro and Wendy Williams.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival