'Law and Order: SVU' to Air Rihanna and Chris Brown-Inspired Episode
While their reunion story grabs the headlines in recent weeks, Rihanna and Chris Brown will get the spotlight in a new episode of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". Known for its episodes that often take on real-life events, the show will air an episode which focuses on a popular music couple, in which the man abuses his singer girlfriend.
This storyline quickly draws comparison to the relationship of RiRi and Chris, who were involved in an altercation back in 2009. However, in an "SVU" twist, the male singer winds up getting murdered. Despite the similarity, a rep for the police procedural series insists, "As always, SVU is fiction."
According to the official synopsis, ADA Barba (guest star Raul Esparza) works to build a case, but the victim refuses to aid the prosecution and, despite Detective Benson's best efforts, continues to put herself in danger. The case quickly spirals into a media circus, perpetrated by both the defendant and his uncompromising attorney (guest star Jeffrey Tambor).
"Funny Valentine" will air Wednesday, February 27 at 9 P.M. on NBC. The episode will feature special appearances by Perez Hilton, Dave Navarro and Wendy Williams.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding