'Law and Order: SVU' to Air Rihanna and Chris Brown-Inspired Episode
While their reunion story grabs the headlines in recent weeks, Rihanna and Chris Brown will get the spotlight in a new episode of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". Known for its episodes that often take on real-life events, the show will air an episode which focuses on a popular music couple, in which the man abuses his singer girlfriend.
This storyline quickly draws comparison to the relationship of RiRi and Chris, who were involved in an altercation back in 2009. However, in an "SVU" twist, the male singer winds up getting murdered. Despite the similarity, a rep for the police procedural series insists, "As always, SVU is fiction."
According to the official synopsis, ADA Barba (guest star Raul Esparza) works to build a case, but the victim refuses to aid the prosecution and, despite Detective Benson's best efforts, continues to put herself in danger. The case quickly spirals into a media circus, perpetrated by both the defendant and his uncompromising attorney (guest star Jeffrey Tambor).
"Funny Valentine" will air Wednesday, February 27 at 9 P.M. on NBC. The episode will feature special appearances by Perez Hilton, Dave Navarro and Wendy Williams.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans