'Latin American Idol' Martha Heredia Allegedly Smuggles Heroin
Dominican Republic's "Latin American Idol" winner, Martha Heredia, was reportedly arrested by the police on Thursday, February 21, for heroine possession. The 22-year-old singer was stopped at Cibao International Airport, Santiago, when she was boarding on a plane heading to New York.
Frank Duran, the National Drug Control Agency's director for the city of Santiago, said that the authorities found 2.9 pounds heroine in three pairs of shoes in her suitcase. The heroine was hidden in the platform shoes' heels. The police also ordered her to take x-ray to see if she had heroine in her body, but they did not find anything.
General Prosecutor Francisco Dominguez released a statement, saying, "It's very sad that young people who have so much promise, who were bestowed by life with all the grace in the world and an unquestionable talent, because of ambition, bad advice or simply to obtain money see themselves in situations like this."
It is still unknown whether Heredia is involved in drug-trafficking organization because the investigation is still in the process. If she is, she could get sentenced to ten years in jail. Heredia rose into stardom after winning "Latin American Idol" in 2009 which was held by Argentinian TV.
Heredia recently reported her husband to the police for physical and psychological abuse. The man was arrested while undergoing investigation. In 2010, Heredia was involved in a car accident which resulted in a teenager's death. The victim's family sued her afterwards.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'