'Latin American Idol' Martha Heredia Allegedly Smuggles Heroin
Dominican Republic's "Latin American Idol" winner, Martha Heredia, was reportedly arrested by the police on Thursday, February 21, for heroine possession. The 22-year-old singer was stopped at Cibao International Airport, Santiago, when she was boarding on a plane heading to New York.
Frank Duran, the National Drug Control Agency's director for the city of Santiago, said that the authorities found 2.9 pounds heroine in three pairs of shoes in her suitcase. The heroine was hidden in the platform shoes' heels. The police also ordered her to take x-ray to see if she had heroine in her body, but they did not find anything.
General Prosecutor Francisco Dominguez released a statement, saying, "It's very sad that young people who have so much promise, who were bestowed by life with all the grace in the world and an unquestionable talent, because of ambition, bad advice or simply to obtain money see themselves in situations like this."
It is still unknown whether Heredia is involved in drug-trafficking organization because the investigation is still in the process. If she is, she could get sentenced to ten years in jail. Heredia rose into stardom after winning "Latin American Idol" in 2009 which was held by Argentinian TV.
Heredia recently reported her husband to the police for physical and psychological abuse. The man was arrested while undergoing investigation. In 2010, Heredia was involved in a car accident which resulted in a teenager's death. The victim's family sued her afterwards.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos