'Latin American Idol' Martha Heredia Allegedly Smuggles Heroin
Dominican Republic's "Latin American Idol" winner, Martha Heredia, was reportedly arrested by the police on Thursday, February 21, for heroine possession. The 22-year-old singer was stopped at Cibao International Airport, Santiago, when she was boarding on a plane heading to New York.
Frank Duran, the National Drug Control Agency's director for the city of Santiago, said that the authorities found 2.9 pounds heroine in three pairs of shoes in her suitcase. The heroine was hidden in the platform shoes' heels. The police also ordered her to take x-ray to see if she had heroine in her body, but they did not find anything.
General Prosecutor Francisco Dominguez released a statement, saying, "It's very sad that young people who have so much promise, who were bestowed by life with all the grace in the world and an unquestionable talent, because of ambition, bad advice or simply to obtain money see themselves in situations like this."
It is still unknown whether Heredia is involved in drug-trafficking organization because the investigation is still in the process. If she is, she could get sentenced to ten years in jail. Heredia rose into stardom after winning "Latin American Idol" in 2009 which was held by Argentinian TV.
Heredia recently reported her husband to the police for physical and psychological abuse. The man was arrested while undergoing investigation. In 2010, Heredia was involved in a car accident which resulted in a teenager's death. The victim's family sued her afterwards.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed