Cirque du Soleil's Vegas Show 'Michael Jackson ONE' to Start Preview on May 23
Michael Jackson's estate and Cirque du Soleil announced their second partnership for another series of extravagant shows after "Michael Jackson: Immortal World Tour". Dubbed "Michael Jackson ONE", it will open and take residency exclusively at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino this summer with preview starting May 23 and premiere on June 29.
The show will revolve around four misfits guided and inspired by Michael's music set out on a transformative adventure. By journey's end, they will personify his agility, courage, playfulness and love. The tour's name is to reflect his message for unity, harmony and hope for a better world. It is also a fitting title for a unifying journey into the world of the King of Pop, the genius, the visionary, the One.
"We're putting love back into the world to remind the world that love is important. WE'RE ALL ONE. That is the message. We feel the same, and that is what we are delivering both to lifelong fans and those just discovering his artistic genius with Michael Jackson ONE," stated John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson.
Cirque's Welby Altidor who serves as a writer and director for the show tells USA Today that the upcoming event will be more intimate and interactive than "Immortal". He says they have "unprecedented access" to the singer's master recordings and they will use them to create a masterpiece show.
"It's another story about Michael's genius," he spills. With dozens of well-trained dancers and acrobats, "there will be experiences above (the audience), on the side and in the front," he adds. "At times it will feel like being in the studio with Michael."
Preview performances will be held from Saturday to Wednesday at 7:00 P.M. Fans can reserve tickets on Cirque du Soleil's official website.
More Michael Jackson News
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues