Leonardo DiCaprio Finds 'The Road Home' With Director Scott Cooper
Leonardo DiCaprio's next project post-"Django Unchained" has been confirmed. Deadline reports that the 38-year-old actor is set to star in a forthcoming drama called "The Road Home", which is based on an upcoming novel by Michael Armour.
Warner Bros. Pictures has acquired the film right to the novel and has tapped "Crazy Heart" helmer Scott Cooper to direct the project. Cooper will also pen the script and co-produce the film alongside DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran.
Described as a Depression-era drama, "The Road Home" revolves around a war-scarred rancher called Creek, who lives in Central California coast. He finds himself entangled in scandal when asked to investigate the brutal assassination of a local man. Even the local police have swept the case under the rug.
Recently starring as Calvin Candie in Oscar-nominated "Django", DiCaprio will be seen in "The Great Gatsby" this summer. His other film to be released this year is "The Wolf of Wall Street", which reunites him with his "Shutter Island" helmer Martin Scorsese.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image