Soledad O'Brien Out of CNN Morning Show, to Take New Role
Soledad O'Brien will leave CNN morning show reportedly to make a room for newly-joined anchor Chris Cuomo. The "Starting Point" anchor will continue contributing to the network with a different role, producing three documentaries for CNN in 2014 under her company Starfish Media Group.
"We greatly value Soledad's experience, and her first-rate storytelling will continue to be an asset to CNN," says Jeff Zucker, President of CNN Worldwide. "Documentaries and long-form story telling are important to our brand and we're anticipating more of what we've come to expect from her -- riveting content."
"The new partnership opportunity allows me to focus on what I love to do the most, and to focus on the next stage of my career, owning my own work," O'Brien also comments on her move. She will leave the network's morning show in the spring.
"I will not miss getting up that early, I cannot lie, not for a minute," she tells The Hollywood Reporter of her new schedule. On appearing on-camera for other networks, she doesn't rule out the possibility as saying, "I certainly could, I have not specifically taken any questions about that. No one has asked me to do that. And right now I would love to get what I'm doing [her production company] underway but I think it's an interesting thing to do. It would really, again, depend on what the offer is ... Theoretically, absolutely."
The shift is believed to be part of Zucker's plan to revamp the morning program. Ever since Cuomo joined the network, it has been said that the former ABC anchor will likely host a morning show beginning in spring and be paired with current evening anchor Erin Burnett.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick