Soledad O'Brien Out of CNN Morning Show, to Take New Role
Soledad O'Brien will leave CNN morning show reportedly to make a room for newly-joined anchor Chris Cuomo. The "Starting Point" anchor will continue contributing to the network with a different role, producing three documentaries for CNN in 2014 under her company Starfish Media Group.
"We greatly value Soledad's experience, and her first-rate storytelling will continue to be an asset to CNN," says Jeff Zucker, President of CNN Worldwide. "Documentaries and long-form story telling are important to our brand and we're anticipating more of what we've come to expect from her -- riveting content."
"The new partnership opportunity allows me to focus on what I love to do the most, and to focus on the next stage of my career, owning my own work," O'Brien also comments on her move. She will leave the network's morning show in the spring.
"I will not miss getting up that early, I cannot lie, not for a minute," she tells The Hollywood Reporter of her new schedule. On appearing on-camera for other networks, she doesn't rule out the possibility as saying, "I certainly could, I have not specifically taken any questions about that. No one has asked me to do that. And right now I would love to get what I'm doing [her production company] underway but I think it's an interesting thing to do. It would really, again, depend on what the offer is ... Theoretically, absolutely."
The shift is believed to be part of Zucker's plan to revamp the morning program. Ever since Cuomo joined the network, it has been said that the former ABC anchor will likely host a morning show beginning in spring and be paired with current evening anchor Erin Burnett.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes