Michael Bay Welcomes Megan Fox to Star in 'Ninja Turtles'
Apparently the "feud" between Michael Bay and Megan Fox has come to an end. After allegedly firing the actress from his "Transformers" film series a few years ago, the director is now welcoming her back to his upcoming big project, "Ninja Turtles".
Bay shares the good news on his personal blog, confirming that Fox has been sealed as the "TMNT" first cast member. On Thursday, February 21, he simply announced, "TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!"
Details of Fox's roles are still scarce, but some fans speculate that she might play April O'Neil. The character is a reporter and ally to the "TMNT" quartert, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael.
"Ninja Turtles" is rumored to kick off production this April. Jonathan Liebesman serves as the director with Josh Appelbaum, Andrew Nemec, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway and John Fusco penning the script. Paramount Pictures has scheduled to release the film on May 16, 2014.
Fox's casting in the movie is quite surprising since the actress grabbed the headline in 2010 when she bowed out of the "Transformers" film franchise after making a "Hitler" remark toward Bay. In 2009, Fox was quoted by Wonderland Magazine as she slammed the director for being a "nightmare to work for" and talked about the long hours of work for the shooting of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
Her remark led to an open letter, which was posted on Bay's site and signed by three crew members of the blockbuster movie, describing her as an "inexperienced girl" who should thank Bay for the biggest opportunity a young actress can get.
The letter had since been taken down by Bay himself. With its removal, the director stated, "I don't condone the crew letter to Megan. And I don't condone Megan's outlandish quotes. But her crazy quips are part of her crazy charm. The fact of the matter is I still love working with her, and I know we still get along. I even expect more crazy quotes from her on Transformers 3".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars